Office Clerk/ Receptionist performs a variety of tasks and serves as front line point of contact to patients, prospective patients, and visitors. Essential duties include providing excellent customer service/patient services in person and via phone. The position must exemplify the core values and mission of Doctor’s Medical Center (DMC), always exercising utmost discretion, diplomacy and tact in patient/staff interactions. Reports directly to Center Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcomes and greets all patients and visitors, in person or over the phone
- Answers the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette
- Responsible for keeping the reception area clean and organized
- Registers new patients and updates existing patient demographics by collecting detailed patient information including personal and financial information
- Facilitates patient flow by notifying the provider of patients’ arrival, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and clinical staff
- Responds to inquiries by patients, prospective patients, and visitors in a courteous manner
Protects patient confidentiality, making sure protected health information is secured by not leaving PHI in plain sight and logging off the computer before leaving it unattended.
- Responsible to verify and collect any copayment/coinsurance amount from patient
- Responsible to call patients and confirm appointment time as well as follow up with no show appointments and attempt to reschedule appointment
- Ensure patient information packet is updated every year
- Responsible to scan and update most recent patient ID and insurance card
- Responsible to notify center manager of any issues or concerns from patients, prospective patients or visitors
Planning and organizing, communication skills, attention to detail, adaptability, customer service orientation, problem solving, decision-making, confidentiality, integrity, stress tolerance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or graduation equivalency degree (GED)
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in the healthcare industry preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish/Creole strongly preferred
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and state and federal laws
- Computer skills including knowledge of relevant software
- Ability to multitask in a fast pace environment
The person should be multifunctional and have the ability to multi-task; the person should have strong communication skills; must have strong organizational skills; must have strong customer service and conflict resolution skills; must have strong trouble shooting skills; must have knowledge of insurance and medical terminology. Must possess strong computer skills.
|Job Category||Medical Centers|