“Medical assistant” means a professional multiskilled person dedicated to assisting in all aspects of medical practice under the direct supervision and responsibility of a physician. This practitioner assists with patient care management, executes administrative and clinical procedures, and often performs managerial and supervisory functions. Competence in the field also requires that a medical assistant adhere to ethical and legal standards of professional practice, recognize and respond to emergencies, and demonstrate professional characteristics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision and responsibility of a licensed physician, a medical assistant may undertake the following duties:
- Performing clinical procedures, to include:
- Performing aseptic procedures
- Taking vital signs
- Preparing patients for the physician’s care
- Performing venipunctures and nonintravenous injections
- Observing and reporting patients’ signs or symptoms
- Administering basic first aid
- Assisting with patient examinations or treatments
- Operating office medical equipment
- Collecting routine laboratory specimens as directed by the physician
- Administering medication as directed by the physician
- Performing basic laboratory procedures
- Performing office procedures including all general administrative duties required by the physician
- Performing dialysis procedures, including home dialysis
Patient advocates, quality focus, problem solver, good communication and documentation, listening, follow protocols and commands, multi-tasking, resolving conflict and good phone skills.
- Medical Assistant Certification from a certification program accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies, a national or state medical association, or an entity approved by the board.
- BLS (base Life support) training.
- Computer skills: Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office.
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred.
The person should be multi-functional and have the ability to multi-task; the person should have strong communication skills; must have strong organizational skills; must have strong customer service and conflict resolution skills; must have strong trouble shooting skills; must have knowledge of insurance and medical terminology. Must possess strong computer skills.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, and skills required for this position. Doctor’s Medical Center is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment offer subject to qualifications, references, and background check.
|Job Category||Medical Centers|